Day on the Hill is your chance to tell your elected officials your story about the critical, life-altering issues you face every day.
Don’t believe your voice makes a difference? Less than two months after Day on the Hill 2016, the U.S. House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed comprehensive mental healthcare reform, H.R. 2646, the Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act. In December, President Obama signed the 21st Century Cures Act eliminating the prohibition on same day billing for mental health and primary care services, providing resources for suicide prevention programs, and expanding crisis intervention training for first responders.
ENA members’ voices were heard.
No experience being an advocate? No problem. We provide training!
The two-day event features:
- Keynote address by Charlie Cook, one of the nation’s leading authorities on American politics and U.S. elections
- An interactive training session with a congressional messaging expert on how to most effectively message ENA’s legislative requests
- Specific information about ENA’s congressional requests so ENA members can speak knowledgeably about these issues
- An opportunity to meet with congressional leaders on Capitol Hill to discuss how they can positively influence the future of emergency nursing
- Networking sessions and the ENA Update with the Board of Director