What is the Ohio ENA?
Ohio ENA is a 501(c)(3) organization and affiliate of the National ENA. As such, we embrace the mission of the National ENA, which is to advocate for patient safety and excellence in emergency nursing practice.
Ohio ENA is comprised of approximately 1,400 nurses from across Ohio. We are recognized by National ENA as a "three-tier state” meaning that we have not only the National and a State ENA infrastructure, but that we also have regional chapters that exist to support the membership. Ohio ENA members can and are encouraged to participate in ENA on any and all of these tiers. Additional organizational information is available here.
Ohio ENA State Council has been recently recognized by the National ENA with several awards:
- 2014 State Council Achievement Award
- 2013 State Council Achievement Award
- 2012 State Council Achievement Award
- 2011 State Council Achievement Award
- 2011 ENA Special Category Award: ENA Practice Priority on Workplace Violence
- 2011 State Council Government Affairs Award
- 2010 State Council Achievement Award
- 2010 ENA Special Category Award: ENA Practice Priority on Workplace Violence
- 2009 State Council Achievement Award
We are proud of the work that we do as emergency nurses for our patients, our colleagues and our profession!
We welcome your involvement in ENA!